>
 
BBR History
BBR Malaysia
Group Structure
 
     
 
(project title or project code)
 
 
 
 
Search
 
BBR History
 

BBR was founded in 1944, by 3 Swiss Engineers, Brandestini, Birkenmaier and Ros. Their partnership “Bureau BBR” – formed to promote innovative construction techniques using prestressing.

The company focused on specialized construction engineering activities and expanded to different parts of the world. BBR operated through a system of BBR Network Members and subsidiary companies through most of 1970’s, 1980’s and early 1990’s. The mid 1990’s saw a change in the company structure with BBR opening subsidiary companies and BBR Network Members in the Asia Pacific region. Recognising the needs of an effective process for knowledge transfer to support best practice in the use of BBR products and techniques thus the BBR Network was born and today it operate in over 45 difference countries worldwide.

Today, BBR has grown into a major global enterprise, with a network of experts within the BBR Network supporting each other and sharing information – and inturn, reaping the commercial benefits of both the leading-edge technology and international outlook.

Up until now, one of our innovative patented BBRV “button head wire” cable anchoring system since 1948, still remain the preferred stay cables system, especially in Japan, due to its proven high fatigue resistance characteristic in comparison to strand systems.

The continual innovation lead BBR to supplied and installed the world’s first carbon fibre stay cables bridge “Storchenbreleke” in Winterthur, Switzerland in 1996. The new anchorage for carbon fibre reinforced polymer (CFRP) wires was patented since 1998.

A BBR Network Member
 
Copyright © 2009 BBR Construction Systems (M) Sdn Bhd. All rights reserved. Best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution with IE 5.x.